PE days: Monday and Wednesday
As part of our ‘Spain and Italy’ topic, we will be tasting the following Spanish food on Thursday 7th March 2019:
- Manchego cheese
If your child has are any medical conditions/allergies that will prevent them tasting any of the above could you please write in the yellow book or speak to one of the Year 1 team.
- We will be tasting foods during the week beginning the 8th October as part of a science investigation related to our senses. The foods will include tomato ketchup, rice crispies, mango and cucumber. If your child has any medical or religious reasons as to why they cannot have any of these foods can you please inform a member of the Year 1 team. Otherwise the children will be expected to try them all and just use their sense of taste to guess what it is.
- SUPERHERO DAY!!! - On Friday 19th October we will be having our Year 1 Superhero Day. On this day the children can come to school dressed as a superhero. This may well be a well known superhero such as 'Bat girl' or 'Spiderman', a real life superhero e.g doctor, nurse, vet or a superhero of their own making.
- Half termly project - the project for this half term can now be found in the home learning section. These are due in on Monday 5th November.
- On Tuesday 25th September we will be holding a KS1 information meeting in the hall. The Year One meeting will be 4 - 4.30pm and the Year Two meeting 4.30 - 5pm. Please do come along as this will provide you with an opportunity to meet the class teachers. We will also be sharing information about what the children will be learning during the year and how you can support them at home. Looking forward to seeing you there.
- Please remember to bring back your completed activity pack from the summer holidays.
- Please bring in a pair of wellies for your child that can stay in school for our outdoor learning sessions.