Equality information and objectives
Priory Common school is proud to be a school that serves a diverse community. We are committed to equality in our work with children, our partnership with parents and responsibilities as an employer:
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- We want to make sure that our school is a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone.
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example talking to pupils, parents and carers.
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability they may have, their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation.
We welcome our duty under the Equality Act 2010 to eliminate discrimination, to advance equality of opportunity and to foster good relations.
Inclusion Manager Contact Details
Mrs C Davidson Tele: 01908 321646 email. email@example.com