Monday 30th March, 2020
This is your learning pack for the week. In your learning pack, there are lessons for Maths, English and cross-curricular activities.
- There are 3 MyMaths lessons related to measurement. Please complete these throughout the week.
- There is also a lesson on measurement (length/height), which will require you to draw lines to a particular length and then measure items in your household.
- Finally there is an online measurement quiz for you to complete: https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks1/maths/year-2-measurements-units/
Please remember that MyMaths is available to you at all times and on there are many additional learning challenges that we have set for you to be getting on with.
You could also use https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ for some Maths games that you should be able to work on independently.
- For English, we have been learning all about the Great Fire of London. This week, you will be learning about how buildings have changed. There is a powerpoint that works through the Magic Grandad programme that you are already very familiar with.
- Once you have looked at the powerpoint presentation write in your daily diary to answer the question: ‘How have buildings changed?’
Remember when you are writing to use capital letters, simple and extended sentences, adjectives and full stops.
For your topic activities this week:
- Make a snack or meal (with the help of a grown-up). See attached sheet that explains this further.
- Create your own rainbow to brighten up the community and spread some cheer. The community rainbow attachment gives you examples and instructions on this activity.
For science this week we will be learning about the different food groups and Health/Unhealthy.
There is a powerpoint presentation attached for you to look at called Food Groups. Work though the powerpoint and then use the attached template to create your own healthy meal plate.
There are 2 powerpoint presentations to work through, one is interactive. Once you have worked through these use your daily diary to tell us how you are staying healthy.
At the end of the week, we would like you to send in any pictures of work that you have completed. The Community Rainbow pictures will be posted on our school website. Can you please send this back to the Badgers email by Friday 3rd April.
We know that some of you may not have access to a printer, therefore you may complete the work onto plain paper or in your daily diary and then take photographs to send in of your completed work.
If you have any questions related to this work please reply back to this email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We will be checking and marking work over the weekend, therefore it is crucial that work is returned by Friday.
Many thanks and stay safe,
Mrs Banks and Mrs Cash